Friday, November 02, 2007

Iruvar...Mani and the viewer!!!!

Am watching Iruvar this afternoon! Just the right movie for this moment. I always consider this as one of the best movies I have ever seen. And I'm not pleased with myself for having caught the movie midway. I admit am not too interested in politics but still this is one movie that stirs interest in laymen too. Guess only Mani can combine biography, aesthetics and ilakkiyam this effectively. The cast selection could not have been any better- the subtle portrayal of Mohanlal vs the histrionics of Prakashraj is an ideal match.
Prakashraj's voice appeals more than his acting,especially in the recital of his eulogy to Anandan!
I was at my wit's end trying to place the oh-so-familiar voice of Kalpana(Aishwarya Rai). Had to wait for the credits to roll out since Google offered no result. The voice belonged to Rohini.
What interested me most in the movie-
First and foremost, Rahman's music.
Literary content- right from the lyrics of Narumugaiyae to the eulogy.
Recreation of the old filmdom-the 60's,70's...
AND most importantly, the director guts for having chosen this storyline!!!!

No comments: