Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mayakkam thandhadhu yaar... Tamilo Amudho Kaviyo...

The other day, I watched one of my favourite movies, 'Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu' on K TV. Guess the Sun Network is shooting from all barrels now to tackle the competition from Kalaignar TV. Kalaignar has clearly lost the momentum it managed to build in the first two days of their telecast. I have no means to garner what footage it currently has in the 'Nedun thodar' area but anyway am enjoying the good movie-run on the Sun network now, in their attempts to fight the competition.
And hence, I had the opportunity to watch this film!
That the movie is one of the best in Tamil film history needs no saying. And of course, neither does the music by M.S.V. Anyway, I just wanted to say this- after listening to 'Theertha karai inile therkku moolai ile', an awesome piece by Bharathiaar , I want to listen to quite a few other Bharathiaar songs SANS accompaniments! Yes, that'd be an ecstatic experience...
Thinking about this,I have a doubt- do performers think of the notes or of the lyrics when playing?!

No comments: