Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roadside Romeos! Pay heed to this!

With lots of time to kill today, I went out for a walk today. I had just crossed our street and there was this group of young men coming the opposite way. And before you jump to conclusions that am this self-conscious, vain female, drop such accusations! Am usually the least bothered about wayward comments from these pests or their antics. Like any sensible woman, I just walk as though they are invisible and that their comments never reach my ears. But for some reason, I start smiling to myself incurably after witnessing such attempts. And smile i do, IDIOTICALLY, for a long time after the incident! Today was yet another such day when this gang of brash men started nudging each other in front of me. One fellow came forward and shouted 'I love you' on top of his voice for the whole street to hear! And went back with a speed that'd have surprised a lightning. And damn it, I started smiling to myself! For quite a few minutes after that!!! And damn Murphy's Law- I bumped into several familiar faces who saw me smiling like crazy for no apparent reason at all! Guess they thought I was heading straight to Kilpauk! One lady gave me such a confused stare that I can't forget, for the life of me! Men who wanna behave strangely,please choose your victim more carefully!
Classmates right from school to college would not scoff at this and would rather sympathize with me, because they know what I go through! Whenever I get caught by the teacher I just start giving them one of my idiotic smiles!!! I have frustrated my high school Physics teacher so much with my vacant smile that she quit sermonizing with me after as soon as a term with me! And as expected, I ended up becoming more lethargic with my school work!

4 comments:

Santhosh Raghavan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Santhosh Raghavan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Santhosh Raghavan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Santhosh Raghavan said...

hmm...Poor Guys....Looks like they didn't know that you are not a delicate darling.But Good that you did not show off your karate skills and send them to the Real KMC!...