Saturday, July 07, 2007

Last night, I watched 'Vettayadu Vilayaadu' for the third time. I do like the movie; think it's novel and brave attempt in Tamil filmdom. The story's great, fast-paced, it's got awesome music, an impressive cast and of course, KAMAL HASAN! Watching the movie is an experience.
Yes, i think the movie's great. But do I ever want to watch it again, I ask myself. And I answer with a definite note- NO! I don't want to watch it again. In fact, I have a list of movies which I love but I'd never ever want to watch them another time... for various reasons.

1) Vettayadu Vilayadu- I admit I don't have the stomach for gore and blood. I remember watching it the first time. In a seedy theatre somewhere in Kerala. En route to Munnar. Watched it with the whole C.S dept in our final year tour. The movie got over at 1 '0' clock in the morning -serial killing+ungodly hours+strange place!!! I can vividly recount the fright when we came out of the theatre!!! The film is probably the goriest Tamil movie I have ever watched!

2) Mahanadhi- This is one film that can make me go to a state of deep depression! Certain scenes and dialogues echo in my mind for days after and I simply can't shut it out of my mind.

3) Guna- Should i even state the reason?!

4)Arangettram- There are some issues you wish you had never known; or that you had never stumbled upon. Watching this film is one such experience. Prameela haunts your thoughts ever after.

Now, I'll go and catch Chennai-28 or Michael Madana Kamarajan as an antidote to last night's movie and this post!

4 comments:

ViJaY said...

The title is Movies-I luv and hate and u havent specified the movies tht u luv... U did only on the hate part...

deepa said...

it's a love-hate reaction! i hold these movies in a high esteem but don't wanna see them again!

Unknown said...

gud one.. i hav my list too..

Iyarkai - i don have a heart to see the climax again..

Pudhupetai n Kuruthipunal - too much blood

Kaadhal - only 1st time was njoyable since wen u see it agaiin u know they r not goin to b together n the end

deepa said...

good to see tht i ve got company!