Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sheer agony, great food- the great Indian wedding!

I recently went through the agony of listening to a pack of an unknown band playing their music(?!) in a wedding. I had never been to a Christian wedding, it all went fine except for the so-called music! I just don't understand why Indians hazard singing in English... And the instruments remind me of a badly resonating tuning fork! The worst was yet to come- Tamil lyrics sung with western notes. God, I could cry out loud. And I was happy for the fact that Jesus didn't understand Tamil! Leave English lyrics to native speakers!
I'm one who can't stand loud music anywhere; in fact I never attend wedding receptions if they host light music concerts-they are anything but light. But this one beat it all!!!!!! I swear I'd have been in better shape if it had been the worst light music band in Chennai playing their loudest gaana song. Not that I'm against gaana but just that people don't realize that wedding halls are not built to accommodate such loud decibels. Wedding halls should have a speaker-free zone. Yes, you may ask me to select the other alternative- to avoid going to weddings at all, but how can I miss the food???! ;)

No comments: