Wednesday, May 10, 2006

firsts...

there's always something emotional about ur firsts... that make u smile afterwards, that make u jot it down in your diary... And if u've broken ur writing arm like me,u'll transcend to starting ur blogspot! so, that clearly explains y this tech-challenged female has finally entered the bloggers club!
coming back to firsts..., on monday i voted 4 the first time in my life!!! and since then, been proudly flashing my left index finger at everyone who cares to stop by and enquire about my arm!
i've finally participated in the country's democratic system. i nod my head with pensive expressions,offer suggestions unsolicited(i.e.,repeat whatever cho ramaswamy says on screen,only to find that the others faithfully quote burkha,rajdeep or ram!!) when people discuss politics, i justify my presense there,licensed by the indelible ink!
i look back in my life ( every single detail journalled in my bulky diary!). every first has been carefully recorded- first watch,first crush, first drive,first saree, first day in college...
and i wonder if its the same for everyone!
and out of habit,i reach for my diary to write down about my first blog post and only then do i realize that my right elbow is fractured!

4 comments:

Stuffed Goofy! said...

heyy!! great first !!
jus came across da url sumwhr!!
cheers!!

Venkatraman Venkatasubramanyam said...

first post, first vote... is it also your first fracture... just curious...???

deepa said...

first n last fracture,i hope!

Venkatraman Venkatasubramanyam said...

sorry i didnt notice your reply for my comment... i also hope the same ;)